Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring is in the air

Oh I really have spring fever! The weather today was glorious!!!! Sunny and 70 degrees, just the way I like it. I hope we have seen the last of winter and this trend continues. My boys are playing in a baseball tournament this weekend and it looks like the weather is going to be perfect for baseball, not to hot and not to cold.

We had such a nice shift at work last night. Came in to only postpartum patients, discharged two couplets and then admitted four inductions, one c/s scheduled for this early am and then one triage who came in with SROM. So, overall it was a pretty laid back evening. I got to spend some time chatting with the gals and cuddling babies in the nursery. Those nights are so welcome when we have them because they are so few and far between.

I am taking three classes this first term that starts in April and have just been able to get online and access the syllabus for each course. I have my books and am currently working on de-cluttering my office and getting it set up and ready. Hopefully this weekend I will have it all cleaned out and set up so that I can get a jump start on my reading assignments while I am excited and motivated.

Frontier has really taken into consideration the isolation that is so common to online learning and that can be very detrimental to the learner. During orientation we were divided by specialty and then subdivided according to geographical location so that you could really get to know people that are close enough to you to perhaps actually get together outside of Hyden. My group is already planning to meet up for a weekend in May and because there are three of us in my group that are full-time and all taking the same classes we are setting up chat times and study groups. I honestly think that is going to be the greatest help in keeping me motivated and moving through this program at a pace that I am comfortable with and will get me to my destination in the amount of time I desire. Again, more kudos for Frontier and really having it all together!

2 comments:

SNM YEAH!!! said...

I am soooooooooo glad that I stumbled upon your Blog. I'm currently completing the application for Frontier's midwifery program. Looking into getting certified as a Doula so that I can be more exposed to the L&D aspect, since I'm a NICU nurse. I'm sure I'll be visiting your blog often in the future.Much Love!

RN2CNM said...

It's great that you are applying to Frontier, you will love it! My classes don't officially start until April 7th but we have just been given access to all of the class syllabus and reading assignments. I am planning on getting my office decluttered this week and get a head start on my reading.
I have bookmarked your blog and will be keeping up with you as well. Best of luck!