Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Welcome 2010

My first post of 2010.......it's gonna be a good year! If I can get out of the funk I am in, that is.
I am tired, overwhelmed, annoyed, anxious and just plain crabby!

I am finished with my numbers except for deliveries and 10 more new OB visits. The hours are another story....I am in the office 4 days a week but most of the patients want to be induced so I don't get many hours outside of the daily 9-5. So, it seems I am never going to get done!

I have 16 more babies to catch and was cheated out of one last night because the nurse who admitted the laboring woman called the MD on call instead of the midwife on call and the MD did not realize that she was a midwife patient. Grrrrrr!

I have no motivation to write this birth center paper, or finish up my soap notes and turn them in, or do my required forum postings for my clinical classes.

I need to look for a job. I don't even know where to start! I haven't had to job hunt in 10 years........guess I need to start with getting my resume together. Any sure-fire techniques for landing a job with a great practice is welcome!

Again, 2010 is going to be a great year! I am going to repeat that until it sinks in and I get out of this foul mood.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hang in there. There are plenty of jobs, and as much as the work feels like it is piling up, midwifery school will someday feel like a wonderful luxury. Enjoy and good luck!